Saturday, October 26, 2013

Mystery Quilt

Today, I held my first Mystery Quilt day at the shop...I was there at 7.45 and feeling very nervous...what if i hadnt cut straight..what if there were wrong amounts,,, what if they didnt like the colour choices I had helped them with...what if....what if....???? Anyway, I had made the decision to do this..so I had to follow through..12 ladies had been in and chosen their fabrics..not knowing what they were making of course...and I washed , starched and cut them for them...When they arrived this morning, their badges and fabrics were on their tables awaiting instructions...oh and choccies...
At nine am we were promptly away...well, would you believe I made a blunder on the first step!!! Omg , i had the ladies sew seams that didn't need to be sewn!!! Off to a great start...NOT
Anyway, after warming the machines up...thats what I told them anyway..lol... we continued on...
At 1am We stopped for lunch and we all enjoyed a great Thai Meal from the Exeter Hotel...yummy
Back to it girls..don't have all day...or do we? The idea was to stay until 8.30, but we all knew this was not going to happen..lol...At 2pm We had Light Hearted Massage come in...and we all had a most welcome massage..here is Lisa enjoying hers....Ahhhhhhhh great....
We didn't get tops finished..but we did get enough to show what they are going to look like..so keep an eye out on my face book page...the ladies are going to post photos as they finish their quilts...but here are a few blocks that the ladies have made..they are looking awesome..EVERY one of them...
 Lisa
 Sonja
 Karen
 Marlee
Lyndal

Busy Busy girls...

Snippets of what is to come...!!
Thanks for coming ladies..what a fun day we had...I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did...
cheers
Pauline

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful day, the blocks look great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great day for you all and even a maggage, how cool is that. The blocks look amazing. Hope to see you next Weekend mate, even if you just come for one night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a fun day.......nice quilts in the making...........

    ReplyDelete