Sunday, January 12, 2014

New Fabrics and Clean!

I have spent this weekend at the shop..I have been cleaning like a mad woman! Over the Christmas period, we had terrible winds here in Tassie and so gone are the layers of dust and dirt and grime...the cobwebs, (and hopefully their makers) and the old blah stock!! Just the outside and the windows to go..a big job in itself..but I must be aware that I still cannot overdo the work..even if I am feeling really well..I am not sure if it is the heat..or just *time* but I am off the Narcotics..finally..and I kid you not, its like walking out of a dark foggy forest and into the bright sunshine..i am so happy!! Just can't overwork...Bring on 2014!

Our group, "In Stitches" have a birthday group..where you nominate what you would like for your birthday fabrics and on your day..you will receive up to 18 fat quarters to make something...this year mine colour was RED..I am in my red phase, and I was thrilled with my F/Qs. On Dec 27th Ray and I went to our shack in the highlands for a week long break..thank goodness I took my sewing..and my RED fats..as the weather was disgusting..wind rain and even some snow!!! what???..so I made my birthday quilt...i love it..just the borders to go...

I have received in store, Anni Downs new fabric...BUTTON TREE LANE...oh my word girls..if you haven't seen this yet..wow..its gorgeous muted colours with a sewing theme...here is the panel and if you would like to see more..you can find it on my website here.....
Oh, and have i shown you my row by row? 6 of our group decided we would do a rxr last year..what a heap of fun was had..this is mine, and I will showcase others as they allow....

My facebook page is almost at 500 likers, if you would like to participate in the draw, you must like my page...I am excited about this, because it is a wonderful interactive way to sell, stay in touch and advertise my business...so please visit and like if you would like to play...
I still have not worked out the comments part of this blog since my return..I go to the help page, and get the instructions, but then it seems that I have some of the instructions missing from that particular help are on mine...any ideas?? I would love to put the comments back on here if i can...but if you would like to comment, please do so on my FB page...

Have a wonderful week..I am sure I will..
cheers and Happy sewing
Pauline

3 comments:

  1. Great red quilt, really love that. Nice newsy post Pauline. Glad you are off the meds, but don't overdo it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment box shows up sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  3. love to read of progress that red is gorgeous..love it

    ReplyDelete